Monday, September 25, 2017

Cover Reveal: The Creativity Project: An Awesometastic Story Collection by Colby Sharp

Hi, Mr. Sharp! I am OVER THE MOON you’re here to share The Creativity Project’s awesome cover.
          
Colby Sharp: Mr. Schuuuuuuuuu! I’m so excited to be here. I still remember the first time I visited your wonderful website. It was after I made that crazy little “I Love Reading” video. 



That is true! I am pretty sure you were the first person featured in my sentence starters series. Are you ready to finish my sentences again? 

Colby Sharp: Yes, Mr. Schu! Let's get started! 



The Creativity Project: An Awesometastic Story Collection's cover was composed by Little, Brown Young Readers master designer Dave Caplan. The images were created by Javier Pérez. You must check him out on Instagram. He’s amazing!  I love that they were able to get everyone’s name on the cover. It looks so inviting.

Sherman Alexie, Tom Angleberger, Jessixa Bagley, Tracey Baptiste, Sophie Blackall, Lisa Brown, Peter Brown, Lauren Castillo, Kate DiCamillo, Margarita Engle, Deborah Freedman, Adam Gidwitz, Chris Grabenstein, Jennifer L. Holm, Victoria Jamieson, Travis Jonker, Jess Keating, Laurie Keller, Jarret J. Krosoczka, Kirby Larson, Minh Lê, Grace Lin, Kate Messner, Daniel Nayeri, Naomi Shihab Nye, Debbie Ohi, R.J. Palacio, Linda Sue Park, Dav Pilkey, Andrea Davis Pinkney, Jewell Parker Rhodes, Dan Santat, Gary Schmidt, John Schu, Colby Sharp, Bob Shea, Liesl Shurtliff, Lemony Snicket, Laurel Snyder, Javaka Steptoe, Mariko Tamaki, Linda Urban, Frank Viva…wait?! What? Did all of those amazing creators really agree to be in this book? Wow. I pinch myself each and every day.


I hope The Creativity Project finds itself into the hands of kids that don’t think they are creators. I hope they find a prompt or a response that gets their wheels turning, and then they pick up a tool (pencil, crayon, computer, saw, pen, paint brush, welder, clay, etc.) and create something that brings them joy.

On March 13, 2018, I’m going to celebrate the release of The Creativity Project with a room full of fifth graders (and our pet tortoise Beekle). We’re going to read together, write together, and play together. It will be the perfect way to celebrate the book that is dedicated to them.


#BestPartofMyDay is a way for me to look for the greatness in each and every school day. It helps me to stay positive, and try to make each day glorious.


Mr. Schu, you should have asked me about the book I’m reading. Right now I’m reading Kat Yeh’s The Way to Bea. It is phenomenal.



Look for The Creativity Project: An Awesometastic Story Collection on March 13, 2018. 

Click here to order a copy signed by Colby Sharp, Travis Jonker, Laurie Keller, and me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment